Film Friday: City of Bones

Friday, December 10, 2010


I have come up with my own meme, Film Friday. Every week I will talk about a movie that is being adapted from a book. I will update you with news of the upcoming film. This week's Film Friday is about the movie adaptation of the first novel in the Mortal Instruments series, City of Bones!


MOVIE UPDATE: It has recently been released that Lily Collins has been cast to play Clary Fray, the main character in the movie adaptation of City of Bones! I found out today and I am still not sure what I think. I can't imagine anyone in the world as Clary. I know my perception of her is different from everyone else's, so what do you think?


Lily Collins is a fairly new face in the movie world. She was in the highly acclaimed movie, The Blind Side, alongside Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. I must admit, I haven't seen the movie yet. Still, I can't imagine anyone as Clary! Although I'm not sure about her, I have to say, I like her with red hair in the pictures Cassandra Clare posted on her website. Click HERE to read her comments about the recent news.

There has been a lot of speculation that Jace will be played by Alex Pettyfer. It has also been said that he should play Peeta in The Hunger Games Movie. (Click HERE for the Film Friday for The Hunger Games). Personally, I would prefer a completely new and young person to play both of these characters, as they are two of my favourite male leads in books ever. I would be especially unhappy if Alex Pettyfer played both of them in the movies! Peeta and Jace are completely different characters, and even if Alex Pettyfer can act both of the parts, I can't imagine Peeta and Jace as the same person. In my mind, they look completely different. I picture Jace as a young and muscular boy, who is incredibly good looking! I hope I am not disappointed when the news of who is cast breaks.

I have also seen many posts about Darren Criss playing Alec. I have never seen him in Glee, but I can tell by looking at the pictures that he is not how I picture Alec. Simon will also be a tough one to get right, for me. He needs to be the perfect match for Clary's best friend, but the fact that he later turns into a vampire needs to be taken into account. Isabelle should be tall with long, dark hair...What is your opinion about the movie and the cast?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for commenting!