Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Monday, November 12, 2012

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has her virginity. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. 

But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. 

And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier. (from goodreads.com)



Losing It is probably one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. I started reading it one night, just to ponder the first few pages, and to see if the story grabbed me... And four hours later, I finished the book. It was just too entertaining to put down!

I'm not usually one to enjoy the ebook version of books as much as much as the paper/hardback's, but I was so engrossed in the story, that it really didn't bother me. If you have seen Grey's Anatomy, the moment she finds out he is her professor is very much like the Meredith- McDreamy situation.

Although the story line had a lot of predictability, I still found myself stifling laughter so I wouldn't wake anyone in the house up. Although predictability was a mark against the book, my ability to connect with the main character through her hilarious mistakes and panic- moments. I could totally see myself thinking of some awful excuse to get out of the situation she was in by yelling "MY CAT!".

So, I pretty much am Bliss Edwards. She is awkward and panics inside her head wayyy too much. If anyone lived inside her head, they would think she was a crazy person. However, that's what made her so likable and easy to relate to as a character.

Garrick. Oh, Garrick. He is just lovely. Although, as an English person, I found it amusing that he was stereotyped as an English guy who quoted Shakespeare, I adored his character and adorableness. He is definitely on the list of awesome book-boys that make you go swoony.

What I also really enjoyed about this book is it is really about a girl who finds herself and the new relationship she forms creates a domino effect of other events in her life that would not have happened without the set off.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for commenting!