Team Love: Team Will

Thursday, November 29, 2012



You may have noticed my growing collection of Team Stickers, over on the left hand side. It is pretty much a list of boys that I would marry if they were real *sigh*. Let's just pretend, for now, that they are. You don't do that anyway? Well, I do...

Moving on. My list of boys contains the sexy and the sweet, the good and the bad, but never the ugly. Unless you are looking at pictures of Jamie Campbell Bower from The Mortal Instruments movie.

TEAM WILL (The Infernal Devices):

Yes, yes, I know I can't chose both and only one can really end up with Tessa, but:



Well, I might care a little when I am crying at the end of Clockwork Princess. So far, however, my heart is torn down the middle. One side is the sexy, Will side, and the other is the cute, sweet, Jem side.

Today I am the Will side, because he is so great. If you have read both the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices, it is obvious that Jace is a descendant of Will. He is so hilariously witty, with a dark and twisty, tortured inner battle that is so like Jace. I don't understand how a boy who fighting against himself, but keeps a false face for everyone else is attractive, but it is. In multiple centuries.

Will, the tall, dark haired, English boy is just my cup of tea. As Tessa's mean, confusing kind-of friend, he is just great. Annnd I've just been rambling on about his greatness without actually telling you anything...

He is a Shadowhunter who accidentally released a demon when he was twelve that told him anyone he loved would die. He left home so his family wouldn't suffer, and became an orphan at the London Institute, where he met Jem Carstairs, another orphaned Shadowhunter. Jem became his parabatai, and because Jem was already slowly dying of demon poison, Will felt like he could love him, because he wouldn't be causing his death. Talk about bromance! These two are so adorable, you just don't want Tessa to choose either.

Actually... I'm probably leaning more towards Team Will for Clockwork Princess, but I feel really confused and sad and panicked and....


Anyway, so he only lets himself love Jem, until Tessa arrives and he can't stop thinking about her. He tries to hide his feeling so she can't get close to him and die because of the demon's curse, but she falls for his attractiveness and tortured soul and his love for reading that she shares. So begins the tornado of emotions that I feel when reading about Will and Tessa's relationship.
"I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted- and then I realized that I truly just wanted you. The girl behind the scrawled letters. I loved you from the moment I read them. I love you still."
Although he has the public, conceited side, Tessa brings out the adorable, soft side of Will that makes you just want to squeal with happiness.
“He bent to put his cheek against hers. His breath against her ear made her shudder with each deliberately spoken word. "I have wanted to do this," he said, "every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you.”  
I definitely need to go back and read these again. Will's sad, pained side and his funny, conceited side collide into one HILARIOUS boy. Plus, the DSBS is worth reading any day.
“Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be." 
He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship.”

HE'S JUST SO ATTRACTIVE AND SAD. I can't take it.


YES. I LOVE YOU. I CHOOSE YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Will <3 <3 <3

    I know what you mean. I'm in love with both, but something about Will always places him a little bit above Jem in my mind. It's so sad D:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!