My 'The Fault in Our Stars' Song

Monday, January 7, 2013

Ever since I finished The Fault in Our Stars, I have been thinking about my playlist for the book. I know I keep posting about it, but it was just so deep and complex. One song that struck me is Kodaline's All I Want

I feel like it expresses the sadness and the epicness of Gus and Hazel's relationship. The lyrics, I thought, switched perspective from Gus to Hazel, like I labelled below. The song basically makes me want to cry...

Augustus- 

"All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'cause if i could see your face once more
I could die as a happy man I'm sure"

Hazel-


"When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side
But If you loved me
Why did you leave me?"

Augustus-


"'cause you brought out the best of me
A part of me I'd never seen
You took my soul wiped it clean
Our love was made for movie screens"

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for commenting!